Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Here's Johnny!

I volunteered for some overtime on Saturday. My wife thinks it's to get caught up on some bills, which it is, but it's also so I can buy myself some cards. I haven't shopped on Sportlots for over a month. I probably haven't gone over a week or two without buying on there since the beginning of the year. I've still been getting cards as I'm grabbing anything I need for my collections from the boxes of cards that I'm listing for Sluggo's, which are almost always White Sox cards for my team sets but it's not the same.

Today's post is a Hall of Fame catcher, I've seen his latest Stadium Club a lot on the blogosphere but I don't have it yet so you won't see that today.

I loved these when they came out in 2001. Newer players with older players, it was just cool. You can see Barry Larkin on here as well so this card goes to 2 player collections.

This isn't the Stadium Club I mentioned, this is from 2020. Although it looks like a Gallery with all the painting going on there.

Both of the above came from Sportlots. I haven't even started buying Bench cards yet. The Topps Combos card I picked up getting Larkin cards, the Stadium Club I picked a bunch that I needed from one seller when I was adding more cards so I wasn't getting 1 card from them.


These 6 cards of Johnny came from Kevin at the Diamond King. I sent him some cards I thought he'd like and he responded with a bunch of cards of hall of famers, including these 6. You'll see the others when those players come up. Thanks Kevin!

These 8 cards boost the Bench Collection to 116 cards.

2 comments:

  1. That Donruss HOF Heroes card is pretty cool. Never seen that card before, but I love the original 1983 set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot I sent those, glad you could use them!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.