Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Half my shoelaces

As I stated in the last post, Devin Funchess was my #2 football player collection. Today's is my #1. It's going to be a quick post like yesterdays because I've been a slacker and didn't get around until posting late in the evening. I won't say what I was doing because it was embarrassing (stupid White Sox).






You can see why this collection is #1. The 40 cards above came in on my first Sportlots order.

These 5 came from the 2nd Sportlots order. That last card is an AAF league card.

This card came from Dennis at Too Many Verlanders all the way back in June. I told you I was a slacker. I'm just now posting this and we're getting ready to swap cards again.

I picked up this serial numbered card at the show in Ft. Wayne last weekend. Come to find out, I already had it. I checked Dennis' cards, he has it. So I'm keeping it just because it's serial numbered.

I don't normally keep dupes because why do I need the same card, but I do keep dupes of relics, autos or serial numbered cards because technically, they aren't the same cards. The relic pieces aren't the same, the autograph isn't a copy so it's not the same and serial numbered cards all have a different number. I don't go out of my way to buy them but if one happens to show up, or I buy on accident, I'll keep it. After checking Dennis' TCDB first, of course.

These 47 cards give me 98 cards of Shoelace, closing in on the century mark.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.