Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Zimmy's dozen

Well Atlanta went up 1-0 and are getting ready to play again tonight. I haven't watched it but I heard at work that Charlie Morton broke his leg pitching. When I got home and was checking out the interwebs, I read that he threw 10 pitches after breaking it, sat a half inning and went out and threw 6 more pitches. That's crazy!

Today's post is a former World Series winner who everyone is guessing that he's retiring this off-season but he hasn't officially announced it that I've heard. Since he hasn't, he still has the distinction of being the only current player in my Tier 3 collections. He's also one of the rare few that you see anymore that stayed with his original team his whole career.


I got these 7 from Sluggo. I assume the Gypsy Queen at the bottom came later than the others since I only scanned the 1 card by itself. I would assume that I would have picked all those up if I had made it to him on Sportlots because they are all base cards, nothing special.

I picked this up at my LCS in his dime box. I actually got a bunch of these, I think in an Ebay auction a long time ago, I only wanted one card but won 15 or so really cheap but I didn't get this one in the lot.

I picked up these 2 at the National. I'm pretty sure I got them at that half off box that I had mentioned in a previous post. I picked up the card on the left (rookie commemorative patch) for $1.50 and the card that says rookie but isn't actually a rookie for $.50.

I picked up these to at the Baseball Card Exchange way back in July. I paid $2.75 each for them. The nice thing about Zimmerman (a lot like Konerko was) is even though he's an above average player, most collector's ignore him so I can usually get his stuff cheaper. I actually have 10 relics of him.

These 12 cards give me 130 cards of Zimmy! That'll go up quite a bit if I ever get back to Sportlots.

1 comment:

  1. Zimmerman is the perfect guy to build a player collection for. Cheap, not particularly well-collected but still a minor star with loads of cards and parallels and relics. Max Fried is a guy like that for me, and his stock just dropped after getting hit hard in Game 2 last night. Cards just got a little less expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.