Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, November 1, 2021

Tae Tae

Well, it wasn't pretty against MSU over the weekend. It was a close, tight game when it shouldn't have been. Our offense needs to improve in the Red Zone. It's great that we have a field goal kicker that we can rely on but I would much rather have 7 than 3. The reffing was horrible and pretty one sided but that wasn't the reason we lost. Lack of red zone offense, untimely fumbles, couldn't stop the run and quite a few drops did us in more than the reffing.

I did go to the Notre Dame/North Carolina game that evening. I did enjoy it but I would much rather be in the Big House. I'm probably bias but our traditions trump their traditions. The night game atmosphere was pretty cool though and a 20 minute drive was much better than a 2 1/2 hour one.

Today's player, I believe I heard, is probably going to or already retired because of constant injuries but I don't know how true that is. I do know he was injured pretty badly a couple of weeks ago and he's missed a lot of his pro career.

This came in the last Sportlots package, the seller must have just missed my 1st shipment as it was the only card of him.

I picked this up from Sluggo. It was in the boxes and boxes of football cards sitting in my card room that I'm trying to sort but not doing a very good job at.

We were pricing football autos and I knew who this was right away, being as this is now the 8th card I have of him with this photo. It is my first auto of Taylor who was a beast in college.

These 3 cards make 24 cards of Taylor now.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish Lewan wasn't such a dumbass later in his time in Ann Arbor and once he got to the NFL. Nice pickups, though. Looking through his 2014 cards on TCDB I see that photo being used in Bowman Chrome, Bowman Sterling, Panini Elite, Topps, Topps Chrome, Topps Chrome Mini, Topps Platinum, Topps Turkey Red, and Topps Valor (not to mention the thousand parallels of each). Naturally I'm gonna pick on Topps for being lazy since there's only one Panini brand in there. And as much as some people hate on college cards, why would you pick on them more than combine and training camp stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is better than the combine/training camp stuff. I hate that Sage went to those with everything they do.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.