Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

1973 Topps–Carlos May #105

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-carlosmay105

  • Card Facts – Carlos May – Chicago White Sox – Card #105
  • Purchase Price – $.33 (Ebay lot, 7/$2.34)
  • On the back (toon) – Carlos led Carolina league in batting, 1968.
    • “Carlos had a hot bat for Chisox last September.  In one 12-game batting streak he was averaging .419 with 18 hits in 43 at-bats.  Carlos hits to all fields, he’ll go to leftfield with the outside pitch and he’ll pull the ball when pitched inside.”
  • Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 1st round (18th pick) of the 1966 amateur draft.
  • Debut – September 6, 1968
  • 1968-1976 (White Sox), 1976-1977 (Yankees), 1978 (Angels)
  • Born in Birmingham, AL

I mainly know Carlos from collecting Sox cards.  I want to say I have 3 or 4 other of his base cards.  I know I have his 1975 along with another copy of this one. 

  • Cards posted in this set – 19
  • Total price paid – $2.87
  • Average price per card – $0.15
  • Cards left to post – 665 (including NNO Checklists)

1 comment:

  1. He looks pretty intense considering he's standing in front of the dugout. I like the price on this one...you've gotten some good deals so far.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.