Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trade with Crinkly Wrappers

Ted and I hooked up for a trade.  We’ve talked a bit because he’s collecting the 1973 set as well so he had some dupes to send my way.  I think I’ve purchased some of his cards as well before but this was our first trade.  I didn’t have many ‘73 dupes, only 1 I think, but I sent him some Blue Jays and he sent a great package to me as well.

trade-crinklywrappers01

I don’t think I’ve seen these black 2010 Topps.  I assume they are parallel.  But I love the Sox players with a black background.  Except for the rookie cup on Beckham, what the hell is going on there?

trade-crinklywrappers02

Even if they aren’t vintage, vintage looking is always great in my book.

trade-crinklywrappers04

And these are some of the cool cards he.  Love the colors and design of the top 3 cards.  The Wilbur Wood was supposed to go with all the other 1973 cards but I didn’t have one in my Sox collection yet so it goes there.  But he did send me a whole bunch of 1973’s as well.  You’ll see those in the ‘73 posts.

trade-crinklywrappers03

And what I really loved about Ted’s trade package, was he hit multiple collections.  You saw the Sox, here he hit the Billy Williams, Paul Konerko, Peyton Manning and Mike Hart collections.  What you don’t see is he even hit my Michigan collection with a few cards.  And if I’m not mistaken, he’s the first trader to even hit my Billy Williams collection, which is really good considering I don’t have much for it.  And the first card is even numbered.  The Peyton Manning collection I don’t really buy for so the only way it grows is by trades so it was nice to see those as well.

Thanks Ted, for the great trade.  Be sure to check out his blog over at “Crinkly Wrappers”.  He had a great discussion about 2012 Topps going on earlier, be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.