Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

1981 Topps–Astros team #678, Bill Caudill #574

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

81topps-astrosteam678

  • Card Facts – Houston Astros team – Card #678
  • Purchase Price – free (trade with “JABO’s”)

Gotta love the old Astros colors.  Are there any Astros fans out there like really liked these uniforms?  I ask because one of my favorite Sox logos isn’t a very popular one.  I see Bill Virdon listed as manager, I think I remember scanning his ‘73 card, also as a manager, but of the Pirates.  I like these team cards, kind of like a portrait.  I wish they did them more often in the modern sets.  Even as an insert would be cool by me.

81topps-billcaudill574

    • Card Facts – Bill Caudill – Chicago Cubs – Card #574
    • Purchase Price – free (trade with “JABO’s”)

I kind of remember this card.  I don’t know where this was taken but it doesn’t look like a major league stadium.  I could be wrong, I’m just guessing.  I’d also guess that it’s a bullpen of some kind since there are people directly behind him, as well as further behind him so I assume the field continues out there.  I definitely remember the Cub logo on Bill’s sleave though.

  • Cards posted in this set – 26
  • Total price paid – $1.74
  • Average price per card – $0.07
  • Cards left to post – 700
  • Percentage posted – 26/726 (4% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)

Hope you all are ok with the way these posts look now. A lot easier on my time schedule this way.  This is the first time I’ve added the set completion number on these posts.  Wow!  Already at 59%.  Huge thanks to my fellow bloggers for that number.  Price paid for this set should stay really low with the 300 plus cards I’ve gotten from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.