Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

1981 Topps–Larry Bowa #120

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

81topps-larrybowa120

  • Card Facts – Larry Bowa – Philadelphia Phillies – Card #120
  • Purchase Price – $0.05 (ebay lot – 100/$4.99)
  • On the back (toon, bottom left) – none
  • On the back (toon, bottom right) – none
  • On the back – Larry holds several fielding marks for shortstops.
  • Signed by the Philadelphia Phillies as an amateur free agent in 1965.
  • Debut – April 7, 1970
  • 1970-1981 (Phillies), 1982-1985 (Cubs), 1985 (Mets)
  • Born in Sacramento, CA

I didn’t plan on it being Larry Bowa day here.  I shuffled the lots I received from ebay that first week and just take one off the top when I type out a post.  Funny how that happened.

  • Cards posted in this set – 21
  • Total price paid – $1.59
  • Average price per card – $0.08
  • Cards left to post – 706

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.