I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Bob Boone – Philadelphia Philies – Card #290
- Purchase Price – $.05 (Ebay lot 100/$4.99)
One of the many Boone’s that have played in the majors. Great action shot, although Bob almost looks like he’s smiling because he’s going to get hit. A card that “Play at the Plate” will appreciate for sure.
- Card Facts – Doyle Alexander – Atlanta Braves – Card #708
- Purchase Price – free (trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)
More powder blues. Love the stirup socks though. That’s a true baseball uniform there. Another action shot. Looks like he just threw a pitch. I’d say either a ball or strike, it wasn’t hit, otherwise he would probably looking elsewhere.
- Cards posted in this set – 36
- Total price paid – $1.79
- Average price per card – $0.05
- Cards left to post – 690
- Percentage posted – 36/726 (5% posted)
- Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)
Average price per card and percentage posted are in the exact same spot (4.9) but price per card is going down and percentage posted is going up. I got all my 1981’s in an album today. It looks pretty good because I’m past halfway with this set. Debating on posting each page as I complete it. I only had 1 (9 cards) page filled on 1 side, but none completely completed yet (18 cards). I guess I have until I fill a page before I have to decide on whether to post it or not.