Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 6, 2012

1981 Topps–Pat Underwood #373

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

81topps-patunderwood373

  • Card Facts – Pat Underwood – Detroit Tigers – Card #373
  • Purchase Price – $0.05 (ebay lot – 100/$4.99)
  • On the back (toon, bottom left) – His brother, Tom, pitches for the New York Yankees 
  • On the back (toon, bottom right) – His father John, is a former minor leaguer in Phillies’ chain.  
  • Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 1st round (2nd pick) of the 1976 amateur draft.
  • Debut – May 31, 1979
  • 1979-1980, 1982-1983 (Tigers) 
  • Born in Kokomo, IN

Pat played 4 years for the Tigers, with a year of the minor league between the sets of 2 years.  He only pitched 10 innings in his final year.

  • Cards posted in this set – 15
  • Total price paid – $1.29
  • Average price per card – $0.09
  • Cards left to post – 712

This is the 2nd player from this set that I’ve posted so far that was born in Indiana.  Both from places I know.  Kokomo is on the way to Indianapolis from where I live so I go through it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.