Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1973 Topps–Mickey Stanley #88

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-mickeystanley88

  • Card Facts – Mickey Stanley – Detroit Tigers – Card #88
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot, 40/$4.25)
  • On the back (toon) – Mickey once had a streak of 164 consecutive errorless games.
    • “Mickey’s dependable outfield play helped Tigers to win 1972 AL-East championship.”
  • Signed by the Detroit Tigers as an amateur free agent in 1961.
  • Debut – September 13, 1964
  • 1964-1978 (Tigers)
  • Born in Grand Rapids, MI

As much as we complain now a days that players don’t stick around with the same team for their whole career, this is the first card I remember doing in this or the 1981 set that the player stayed with the same team their whole career.  So it may have been more common back then, but it certainly wasn’t common from what I’ve seen so far.  Granted I’m only about 30 cards into each set total. 

  • Cards posted in this set – 14
  • Total price paid – $2.10
  • Average price per card – $0.15
  • Cards left to post – 670 (including NNO Checklists)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.