Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 27, 2012

1973 Topps–Ken Singleton #232, Jimmy Stewart #351

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-kensingleton232

  • Card Facts – Ken Singleton – Montreal Expos – Card #232
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot 40/$4.25)

Oh yeah!  Gotta love the powder blues.  I’m not sarcastic, I do like them.  But I’m guessing that Ken didn’t like the camera man.  Looks to me that he’s trying to shove him aside.  His face says, “your in my personal space, get back past the bat.”  I remember Ken from his Orioles days later in his career.  I think he played for quite awhile.

73topps-jimmystewart351

  • Card Facts – Jimmy Stewart – Houston Astros – Card #351
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

This isn’t American Pie.  Jimmy Stewart?  That's a familiar Hollywood name.  I don’t know the baseball player.  I remember those hats, I don’t remember their jerseys like that though.  His hat doesn’t look right either, the logo seems to high.  Definitely a spring training photo.  Has the chain link fence, but no rock formations.

  • Cards posted in this set – 29
  • Total price paid – $4.15
  • Average price per card – $0.14
  • Cards left to post – 655 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 29/684 (4% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)

Average price per card dropped a penny with the free card from Ted.  I guess technically they aren’t free since I trade for most.  But I have no idea how to figure that out so they’ll stay free for now.  Besides, it makes my money spent less and that makes the wife happy.  As we all know, when she’s not happy, nobody’s happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.